By: Kenyon Blunt
Foreword: David Meerman Scott
Why do you need 99 Marketing Mistakes?
99 Marketing Mistakes is not another “how-to” book on digital marketing. It’s born from from actual marketing mistakes that happen to small business owners. As we know, the point isn’t to realize that you’re screwing up; the point is to do something about it.
The Top 10 Marketing Challenges of Small Business Owners:
Kenyon surveyed small business owners and here are the top 10 marketing challenges:
1. How do you get the most bang for your marketing bucks? (mistake #23)
2. How do you market with a small budget? (mistake #2)
3. What is the best channel for marketing a small business? (mistakes #48, 53 and 81)
4. How do you generate high-quality leads? (mistakes #58 and 59)
5. Who is your target customer? (mistake #4)
6. Is name recognition and branding more important than leads?
7. How do you carve out enough time to do marketing? (mistake #76)
8. How can you make digital marketing more effective? (mistake #81)
9. Where are you wasting money? (mistake #52)
10. Why aren’t small businesses more consistent? (mistake #34)